HEALTH SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
VCS is committed to the health and safety of its workforce and to the protection of the environment whilst providing our products and services. We strive for continual improvement within the framework of our HSE Management System which is aligned with AS4801 and ISO14001 standards.
Safety is a core value of VCS, where every employee is actively encouraged to contribute to health, safety and the environment, as well as look after their own safety and the safety of their colleagues. The VCS management team consults with our workforce to identify hazards and assess risks so that control options are managed to eliminate or reduce the risk to the lowest possible level. Our management team works with employees to identify areas of improvement and ensure the highest possible safety standards across our projects.
Some ways we achieve this include:
- Setting measurable health and safety objectives and targets, including regular review to assess our performance;
- Identifying, evaluating and managing health, safety and environmental risks on all projects;
- Develop, implement, monitor and review safety and environmental management plans and safe systems of work;
- Compliance with relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice;
- Encouraging all employee to take responsibility for their own health, safety, the environment and that of their work colleagues; and
- Sharing of lessons learned across and between projects and our clients.